WHO WE ARE

Two convivial girls with a shared love of a surprising amount of things including fashion, makeup, traveling, and more!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Husband Diaries: Mal's Husband Writes His First Blog Post!

| | 0 comments



Hey Everyone!

For those of you that don't know me, I would like to introduce myself - I'm Travis, (or as I may have been referred to: Trav, or Rav, or Hubbs), or whatever other funny thing I've earned the title of according to my wife, who you all know - Mallory. 


I've never considered myself a blogger nor thought I would ever be writing one, but Mallory finds so much joy in doing these so hey, I thought I would give it a shot. I wanted to go with a topic that was easy, because let's be real I have no clue what I'm doing here, so what better to talk about than my favorite things to do with my favorite person. The list could go on and on, but to keep it short and sweet and not bore you guys to death, I narrowed it down to my top 5 (in no particular order)...


Being Outdoors

Anything from watching the sunrise drinking a cup of coffee (this is a rarity because if you know me you know I'm not a morning person, in fact a zombie - but I'm working on this, I promise) to camping in the middle of nowhere - these are things I love to do with her. I've always been the type to want to be outside, seeing, doing, and feeling everything this earth has to offer and when I met Mallory years ago I quickly learned she felt the same and this was one of the many qualities she had that ignited our chemistry together. Heck, the first date we went on we took my old Jeep on Carolina Beach, NC and ended up sleeping on the sand with only a blanket all night and 2 Shiner Bocks to drink; a few years later, we're married and I would do it again in an instant. 


Road Trips & Travel

There's just something special about driving someplace far with your favorite person. You share stories, listen to music (loudly for us), laugh, and just have fun. I also have a love for all things 4x4 and off-road so whether it be her Jeep or my Toyota, we love to be together on the road taking any adventures we can along the way. We've made so many memories just by simply traveling or being on road trips, so I'll always love to travel with Mallory and make the most out of every place we go. 


Walking/Playing with our Dogs

This kinda ties back into the outdoor thing, but better because DOGS! So really simple, I've always loved walking our dogs together, letting them run, throwing toys, and everything in between. We were together the first time they saw the Ocean and it was so funny - they had no idea what to think. I also think back to a recent trip we took when we hiked up Grandfather Mountain with the dogs and they were mesmerized at their surroundings. We were so happy from the exercise they got because they slept so good that night, therefore so did we because they always wanna change cuddle positions and that wakes us up every night.  


Cooking!

Whether or not this is something you all love to do, let's be honest, we all love to eat. With our recent change in our diet, this has gotten us in the kitchen so much more and allowed us to discover many new recipes and foods. It's truly exciting and theres something new we come across every week. There's nothin' like putting on some good music, opening a good bottle of wine (or a can of PBR in my case) and cooking together! 


Date Nights

This will always be a classic for us and I'm sure the same for most of you couples. There are times when we've had rough days at work or just with life in general and we want to go out for dinner and drinks at one of our favorite places and come home to cuddle up on the couch with the animals and find a good movie or two to watch. It's the little things...

















These are all pretty simple things, but hey, we're simple people and these are just a few of my most favorite things to do with Mal. I'm excited to continue to discover more fun things to do together and check the boxes off on our bucket list. If you all have favorite things you do with your special person please share because we are always looking for new and exciting things to do together! Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope you all have a great week!

Your new pal, 
Travis



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance