WHO WE ARE

Two convivial girls with a shared love of a surprising amount of things including fashion, makeup, traveling, and more!

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Guilty Pleasures

| | 0 comments

  
Guilty Pleasures, we all have them. Some vary in their level of embarrassing and the intensity at which you feel guilty whilst enjoying them. Nonetheless, we have them. We recently had a long conservation laughing about the things that we hate to love and feel compelled to say "don't judge me but..." when we share them and decided we'd share them with you all, because why not embarrass ourselves a little? And you know pals, there's a certain beautiful freedom about being able to laugh at yourself, plus it's almost Friday and a good laugh is always called for. Who knows, you may even find yourself good company in your own guilty pleasures?!


Lo:


Love Mala Blog does not own the rights to the above image; image origin:

1) Pretty Little Liars: oh man, I know I'm almost 26 but I love that show, there are so many cliff hangers and I love looking at the girl's clothes! And truth be told, I'm a giant baby, so this show isn't TOO scary for me, I can handle the suspense (flying my whimp flag over here).





Love Mala Blog does not own the rights to the above images; image origins:
2) McDonalds and Taco Bell: I know, I know, I know. But I just love their thin cheeseburgers and the French fries, especially when they are fresh and hot. I only eat them a couple times a year but I love every minute of it. And who in their right mind doesn't love a good chalupa supreme or taco, I just can't help myself. I want it all! I regret nothing.





3) Proudly eating peanut butter right out of the jar: If I get a spoon and a jar of natural peanut butter, well, just don't let that happen, especially when I promised the peanut butter it would make its way into my energy bites.




Love Mala Blog does not own the rights to the above image; image origin:

4) Kids TV Shows: I can't tell you how many times Cody has come home and turned on the tv to find some random Nick Jr or Kids Disney show on. I just love watching cartoons for breakfast and man, some of these kid shows are so cute, Octonaughts, commmee onnnn!!! They're adorable as hell and you know it! Hey, at least I'll be able to enjoy watching them with my kids some day.




5) A good cry: sometimes, you find yourself in need of a good cry. Whether it's after a long day or if you have a lot on your mind, so for me, I'll listen to super sappy or sad songs or I'll pull out a good movie that never fails to makes me bawl like a baby (see: Legends of the Fall-gosh, if you haven't, just do it!). And sometimes, I will venture over to YouTube and watch military homecomings, which always, always bring on the tears(for obvious reasons).  Honestly, it's so cathartic for me and you know, sometimes you just need a good cry, it's kind of rejuvenating in it's own way.



Mal:



1) TACO BELL, and most importantly - Cinnabon Delights: ok, so I know this is totally gross to so many people, including my husband (blasphemy!!), but I LOVE Taco Bell - or as we like to joke - "Taco Smell". Its just good ole, nasty but delicious fast food. And the best part about it is, now that we are vegetarians, we can still eat everything on the menu! Just sub beans and/or potatoes for the meat and voila - vegetarian fast food! And let me just TELL you about cinnabon delights. If you haven't tried them - you have to. I don't even like cinnamon rolls, but these are incredible - icing/cream filled cinnabon balls coated in cinnamon sugar. Mmmm mmmm - I literally crave them on the regular.

Love Mala Blog does not own the rights to the above image; image origin:

2) Hart of Dixie: I don't know what inspired me to start this show on Netflix a few years back, but I did, and I fell in love. Its a terribly predictable and scripted show, and the acting is generally horrendous, but it is comical and I got sucked in so easily. It is on Neftlix if anyone wants some genuinely embarrassing entertainment!








3) Donuts: so growing up, I never had a big sweet tooth, and to this day I still almost always choose salty over sweet, but DONUTS. I didn't really develop this obsession/craving until about a year ago - in fact, my whole life I have always been pretty indifferent to donuts in general, but something sparked in me and now I am a donut fiend. And no, I am not pregnant. I just crave them all. the. time.



Love Mala Blog does not own the rights to the above images; image origins:
4) Long, hot baths: so on the surface, this might not sound so embarrassing, but I literally LOVE taking baths. Like, multiple a week (what a waste of water - I KNOW I KNOW). I don't know why, and its actually quite nasty if you think about the fact that you're just marinating in your own filth, but there is something about it that is just so relaxing at the end of the day for me. But bubbles or bath bombs - I'm a happy camper. 




Love Mala Blog does not own the rights to the above image; image origin:

5) My crush on Harry Styles: I cannot believe I am publically admitting this - literally only a few people in the world know this. Until now. Yes, I think Harry Styles of the boy band One Direction is FLY. It must be the hair, after all, when I met Travis he had long, luscious locks too. And I know I am years his senior, but I don't care. He is a smoke show. I don't indulge in the band or their music, I don't pay attention to the tabloids surrounding Harry - I truly don't care about any of that, and I am not a huge fan of their music (although I don't despise it), but I just think Harry is totally adorable.




As embarrassing as some of these may be to share with you, we always like to go back and reference a quote (of course) from the magnificent Tom Hiddleston: "What's my guilty pleasure? The thing is, I never feel guilty about pleasures." - Boom. Thank you for your wisdom, Tom.
Let us know if you guys share some of our guilty pleasures or what some of yours are, we are always down for a good laugh! We hope you guys enjoyed and have a wonderful rest of your week.

xoxo, your shamelessly, silly indulgers 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance