WHO WE ARE

Two convivial girls with a shared love of a surprising amount of things including fashion, makeup, traveling, and more!

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Our Top 30 Things - What Makes Us Happy!

| | 0 comments





Everyone needs simple things to make them happy, right? And this blog is a major happiness outlet for us both - so what better than to share with you 30 things that keep us both smiling every day!

Lauren's Things:

1. My husband, hands down. Cliché happy response número uno but I think that’s okay because that is the very nature of these things, right? One of Cody’s many talents, that he has so eloquently perfected, is putting a smile on my face. Every. Single. Time. Even in those moments when I’m being stubborn and am trying to resist it, he manages somehow. The master of loving me and Dad jokes, alike. Truthfully and while being excessively sentimental (because what else would you expect from me), his very presence is enough to make me happy and for that I’m grateful forevermore.
2. Those two big-eared, fluffy turkeys of mine, Grendel and Naga (even when they rip up a patch of carpet**cough Naga* or pee in the kitchen *ahem, Grendel*). Both full of endless energy and most importantly, immeasurable affection, which also always finds a way to etch a smile on my face.
3. Family, both my own and my in-laws, thank goodness for unlimited phone minutes! I know it’s not always this way, which makes me all the more thankful, but I fully enjoy my family. Big part of my heart, all of them.
4. Friends, the family you choose. Happiness doesn’t even begin to describe how great they make me feel. They certainly make this little life of mine, all the better!
5. My job and furthermore my wonderful coworkers, again, a rarity but those guys are all gems and we laugh just as much as we work (usually)! I won’t pretend that every day is happy-go-lucky, especially when doing public service work, but having such an awesome team to make most days fun and better is quite a workable (see what I did there, puns!) recipe for happy.
6. Adventure. Off-roading. Road trips.
7. To go along with that, new places, exploring. My husband and I are planning to camp our way across the nation and I’m so ridiculously happy about it. I think about it multiple times a day, since we came up with the plan. There’ll be more on this later.
8. Being outdoors and spending time in nature, that’s soul food right there!
9. Cooking. As 1950’s as this is going to sound, I love making meals for my family. I get so much satisfaction and joy from it. There something so innate and fulfilling about it, it reminds me of the same enjoyment you get when you’re a child and you build forts/homes and make mud pies!
10. Snuggling, good grief, they’re something entirely magical about it.
11. Make up and beauty products, guilty as charged. It’s silly how much time I can spend talking about and looking at beauty products and it’s just pure and genuine happiness. But as Sophia Coppola once said, "…I think you can be substantial and still be interested in frivolity."
12. On that note, clothes. I think a dang whole lot about clothing, my wardrobe and my own personal uniform and what that says about a person, how it gives you a sense of confidence and identity. It’s all so great and I can go on and on but I’m sure there’s a post in there somewhere.
13. Keeping a healthy diet and exercise routine, there will be more on this to come as well.
14. Scented-freaking-candles.
15. Reading a really, really good book. Something I have admittedly, not done lately but I just really need Winds of Winter to come out soon (any Game of Thrones fans?)!
16. Blogging! Naturally! More importantly, blogging with my dearest, Mal pal! I’ve expressed it a million and one ways but this lady knows how to conjure up some happy feelings, if I ever saw. Always has the right words and the kindest heart to make me feel loved and happy, no matter the situation! Hash tag next level bestie skills.
17. Christmas. Every minute of it, which starts the day after Thanksgiving, thank you.
18. Making memories. Taking pictures and videos of adventures and what not, brings contentment right up in that soul place!
19. TV Marathon-ing. My husband and I are professionals at this, Olympic style. We just finished the X-files, well Cody had seen it all and I hadn’t, so obviously. Just commit to it, y’all. You can thank me later.
20. Autumn. Because I am your most basic bitch with this one but Fall has always been my favorite and makes me happy for so many reasons.
21. Music. I need this, daily. Special appreciation for the talent itself of writing and playing.
22. The ocean, especially North Carolina beaches. A few years ago, my husband surprised me with a special trip to the Outer Banks and I can depend on that thought alone for a smile.
23. Dessert, specifically chocolate and ice cream (when combined or not, really). Paired with number 21 and you have yourself a winning combination.
24. Tattoos. I currently have 5, itching for more!
25. A proper belly-laugh. Also my husband’s laugh, I’m biased but several agree with me that he has an insanely good one.
26. Cold, crisp sunny mornings, specifically of the Saturday variety.
27. Getting my hair done and having it played with. I look forward to a scheduled appointment for weeks, it’s like the ABC Family countdown to Christmas but hair-style (thought you’d seen the last of my puns? get out of town!).
28. My iPhone and iPad, as much as I’d like to say I don’t care about their existence, I do enjoy using them for all there general purposes.
29. Collecting Disney Movies, our futures babes will be all set.
30. Car rides with Cody, in what he has properly deemed our FunRunner (4Runner, she’s a beaut).




Mallory's Things:

1. My wonderful, incredible, amazing, perfect-for-me husband
2. Our four-legged fur babes
3. Tacos. Avocados. And Guacamole.
4. My Erin Condren Life Planner. I literally don't know how lost I would be without it, and it makes me so happy to plan out my week and meal (I know, I am SO lame)
5. My mom - the pictures I have, my memories, the little habits I have that I picked up from her - anything remotely having to do with my mom makes me happy.
6. Traveling
7. Fall. I love the crisp air after a hot and muggy summer; the changing of the leaves; the state fair
8. COFFEE
9. My family, and by "family", I mean not only certain people who are blood related to me, but I also mean my dearest friends who are my made-family
10. Cold weather. Yep, that's me, the crazy girl who lived at the beach for 8 years and dreamt of snow all year round. And people, its the perfect weather for my favorite clothing item - sweaters!
11. Flowers and plants of all shapes and sizes.
12. Lo - because she is always so positive and supportive of everything in my world, and she helps me strive to be a better person every single day. I love you, Lo!
13. Getting my monthly Birchbox and Ipsy boxes! It's like Christmas every month!
14. Mountains. I am a mountain girl through and through. I love the backroads, the adventure, the nature
15. Mornings. I love being awake before the sun comes up, sipping a cup of coffee, and basking in the silence before the world wakes up.
16. This blog - I mean, the whole reason we started this babe was to give us a fantastic happiness outlet! Goal: accomplished.
17. Airplanes. I don't know why, but I have always been fascinated with planes. I used to go to the airport with my grandpa and watch them take off and land, and to this day I love to watch them.
18. My septum ring. I have had this guy for about 5 years now, and I adore it, although I don't wear it down as much as I would like to (Corporate America may not love that decision just yet - but you just wait, by the time I am coming up on retirement, I bet you body modifications will be workplace norm!)
19. Movies. In fact, my father-in-law always picks on us for how many freaking movies we own. Ok, I admit, it may be a bit absurd, but man you can't just go to Blockbuster and rent anything you want anymore. So why not just have your own in-home Blockbuster?!
20. Horses - they're my spirit animal. Well, horses and moose.
21. Random acts of kindness. This one is huge for me. I try to do something nice for someone every single day. Whether it be to pay it forward in a drive-thru line, to giving food to someone in need. It really grounds me to take a step back and do for someone else.
22. Stationary. Guys, I have a problem. I love cards. I love sending them, buying them. I don't know, call me old fashioned, but it feels so good to get a snail mail letter every once and a while #amiright
23. Tattoos. I think they are such a beautiful form of self expression. I have 3, and I love them all; although one is the most monumental for me. Working on one for my mom currently, so I hope to be adding to my collection soon!
24. Cooking for people (because its a total drag to cook a meal for just yourself). I love cook for my husband, for my family, and to have friends over and cook for all of them. Nothing brings people together like food (or maybe we and our friends just love food more than usual)
25. Lipstick and a good pair of booties, because they, alone or together, can transform my entire day. Slap on a good shade and a fierce pair of boots and boom - instant confidence boost!
26. Quotes. I know, I know, we wore this one out on a previous post, but I just have to reiterate the importance of these guys to making me happy! 
27. Naps. As a kindergartener, you really underestimate the value of a good daytime nap.
28. Ice cream in a waffle cone - this detail is very important
29. Music. It speaks to my soul. I am a lyrics person (not to say I don't appreciate the music), but words really resonate with me. So a good song for a particular moment or feeling can do wonders
30. Love - I know this one is SO cliché, but I love love. I love the love I have for my husband. I love the love I see in others. I love the love that this world is so capable of, but so often forgets. I always have told Travis that if everyone in the world found their own Travis, and could just feel the love I have for him, there would be no war.



Stay happy, pals! See you next week! xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance