WHO WE ARE

Two convivial girls with a shared love of a surprising amount of things including fashion, makeup, traveling, and more!

Thursday, June 2, 2016

On Moving And Sentiments

| | 2 comments

We live off a road named Berry, in a cottage tucked away in the woods of New Hampshire, there's an apple orchard out back and sitting quietly on a hill behind our house is a giant tree with a rope swing, attached to a pretty big branch. To the naked eye, this little house is nothing special or particularly fancy but it's everything to me, it's where it all happened for the first time: our first home as a family, our first year of marriage, and every wonderful, hard, silly, and beautiful thing in between.



To be honest with you, I didn't expect to have the kind of attachment I do to this place. Life is funny that way, isn't it? I fell in love with the way the steps creak as you walk up and down them and how the light comes in through our bedroom in the morning; it's just enough to warm me up and hits around our ankles but does not beam into our eyes. I love the way our pups peak their heads around the corner of the living room, waiting for us to bring them their food. I even love the funky random and alternating, low and high ceilings. But what I love most is what this place has been for my little family, a safe haven, a place full of warmth and love and laughter. Less house, more home, you know?




This extends far beyond the walls that make up this home, it reaches out to the amazing people I have come to know here, people who have managed to wiggle their sweet little way into my heart and become family. It's truer than true that places and people affect me so much and when given the chance, they can fully enrich and brighten your life, immensely. And I'm so thankful for that. So, why all this talk about New Hampshire, my home, and this journey? Well, this journey is about to take our family somewhere new. And while we are beyond excited and can't wait for more adventures and new memories, we want to be sure to relish in the beauty that this place is and what it has been so kind to give us. Comfort, friends, growth, amazing memories and so so much more.




San Diego, California, that is! We're working our butts across the US of A this summer and going to soak up some of that California sunshine. We've been hearing all the lovely things there is to hear about the Golden State. Aside from the supposed year round perfect weather that is San Diego and 900 miles of vast and varying terrain that is California (read as chock full of adventure), we are super pumped about our cross country trip to get there. We are taking two weeks to make our way across and explore this beautiful country, mostly by way of off-roading (how else?!?!) and lots of camping! We've been preparing for the trip for the last 6 months and to say we are excited, is a total understatement.




All the same, we are certainly going to miss this place in all the sentimental ways. You're probably wondering what those dried flowers are. They are from the first wildflower bouquet Cody picked for me when we had just moved up here. From our first home, just married, growing and learning and living in love, wildly. Who knew they'd come to mean even more than they did originally? These little guys will always hold a special place in my heart. They're more than the memory of a beautiful and sweet bouquet my incredible husband picked, they're everything, our first everything. All of it and I'm terribly grateful.


xoxo, your adventuring nomads

2 comments:

  1. It will always be a part of you, no matter where your travels lead. Cherish every minute my Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are certainly right about that and I am so thankful for that! Soaking every bit of it in as possible!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance